1. What is your LJ username? dryad271
2. What is your first name (other than your lj username?) Katherine
3. What is your biological age/age range? 34
4. Do you have a partner/spouse/S.O. going through this with you? Yep, been married 12 years
5. Where on earth are you, physically? :-) (west coast/ east coast / mid-west/ other country)? Pacific Northwest
6. Currently, you are (b) decided to plan a pregnancy
7. How did you find the 2createababy community? community search
8. Are you spiritual or philosophical or both? Both, I guess
--- if spiritual, which tradition or path do you follow? how long you've been practicing? I'm an eclectic elemental pagan with hindubuddhist leanings. Also, a nerd.
--- if philosophical, which philosophy do you mostly identify with? rationalism, though not in any academic sense :)
9. What do you hope to find within this community? Like-minded folks--people who reproduce after long consideration, rather than viewing it as an unavoidable consequence of having secondary sex characteristics. That sounds a little snotty, but I honestly don't mean it that way.
--- What do you hope to share/contribute within this community? Intelligent commentary, I hope :)
10. Anything else you'd like to share with us or would like to know? I guess I am your typical never-been-pregnant-over-30-person. I have no reason to believe I'll have trouble getting pregnant, except that the ENTIRE INTERNET TELLS ME MY OVARIES ARE OLD AND USELESS OMG. It's enough to make a gal paranoid, you know? Still, I don't regret delaying pregnancy one iota, despite the general weirdness of being married forever and enduring the Questions. I would have been a terrible parent in my 20s.
Also, I was a middle school teacher for nearly 10 years and if there's anything that will put you off having kids... ;)
As for plans--I am a cancer survivor and I'm thisclose to getting my final all clear. After that happens, all I have to do is wait for my radioactivity expiration date to come around (long story) and then I can baby away. We may be taking a business trip to China in the fall and my vague plan is to start trying after we get back.
I am determined to have a homebirth. My husband's initial commentary on that? "Sounds messy." Yeesh! Boys! :)